On Jan 12, 2015, in Baking, Cook n Preserve, by urbandazzle
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 small head cabbage
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Place brisket and contents of spice packet in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, water and apple juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Transfer brisket to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; reserve cooking liquid.
- Combine the brown sugar, orange peel, mustard and cloves; rub over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut cabbage into four wedges, leaving a portion of the core attached to each wedge.
- Add cabbage and carrots to cooking liquid. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Thinly slice corned beef; serve with vegetables.
This can be served best in Devnow Porcelain, Adorning Grace Square Plate Slivers. You can buy this here: http://goo.gl/Gm1v1w