On Nov 17, 2014, in Home Decor, by urbandazzle
Drinking outside is expensive. When you’re cutting down the expenses and running on a budget, the first thing you should stop doing is clubbing and drinking outside. But, no worries there are a few cocktails that can easily be made at home and enjoyed at your own leisure without spending thousands in an expensive nightclub paying taxes for their décor and ambience.
- Cape Codder: Vodka and cranberry juice are a great combination. All this consists of is basically a shot of liquor poured over ice and topped with a mixer. In this case, your ingredients of choice are vodka and cranberry. All you need is three ounces of cranberry juice, one ounce of vodka, and lime wedges. Simply pour the ingredients, into a highball glass with ice cubes. Add the lime wedges to taste, and stir well.
- Black Russian: The Black Russian is again a vodka based drink, this time with coffee liqueur. You need 1 part 3/4th ounces of vodka, and 3 parts 3/4th ounces of coffee liqueur. Mix the ingredients, in an old-fashioned glass from urbandazzle, topped with ice. Stir to taste.
- Lemon Drop Martini: A wonderful sweet and sour cocktail, that makes a great dessert drink. It is easy to make, and can be customized. If you so wish to adjust the sweetness and sourness, then it can be done by adjusting the lemon and syrup according to your tastes. You need 1 ½ ounces of vodka, 3/4th ounce lemon juice, 1 teaspoon simple syrup and a lemon strip for garnish. Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Shake well, and strain the mix into a stemmed sugar rimmed martini glass, and add the lemon strip to garnish.
- The Highball: This entails a whisky and a ginger ale, and is a refreshing way to enjoy your whiskey, bourbon being the choice here. You need 2 ounces of whiskey, and ginger ale. Fill a highball glass with ice and pour the whisky into the glass, and top this with ginger ale.
- Gin Rickey: A classic mixed drink, consisting of gin, lime juice and club soda. A good alternative to your regular gin and tonic. You will need 2 ounces of gin, juice of 1 lime, and club soda with a lime wedge to garnish. Fill up the Collins glass with ice, pour the gin and lime juice over the ice, topping it with club soda. Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Rum and Coke: Rum has always been one of the cheapest liquors to find around, and the Rum and Coke combination is a classic. Here, we will go beyond the usual Old Monk and Coke, a favorite routine, and explore something a little more interesting. Use white rum, to change the flavor a little bit. You will need 2 ounces of rum, coke, and a lime wedge to garnish. Fill a highball glass with ice, pour the rum in and the coke, subsequently. Squeeze some lime in, and add another wedge to garnish.
Hope you have fun mixing these basic cocktails. Remember to drink responsibly and don’t forget to order best drinkware and bar accessories from UrbanDazzle, India’s premier E Commerce site for stylish living, and elegant gifting.