That shattering sound of glass is ear piercing and if that piece of glass was our favorite then the sight of broken glass is heart rending too. But no one adores a glass with cracks and hence no one tries to join the broken pieces but rather choose to throw them. But did you know that the glass pieces gets recycled again in order to make another glass beauty out of it? Let’s list out some of the interesting facts about glass recycling.
1. Even before human beings figured the techniques of crafting glass, nature was already producing it. The intense heat of a volcanic eruption transformed rocks and even sand into a glass called obsidian. Earlier people used obsidian and turned it into knives, jewelry, and arrowheads.
2. Glass is completely recyclable and can be recycled unlimited number of times without the loss of quality and purity.
3. Recycled containers made from glass are always required because glass manufacturers are in need of high-quality recycled containers made of glass to meet the market demands for new glass containers.
4. The month of September is also celebrated as “Recycle Glass Month” across the globe.
5. The energy which is generated from recycling mere one glass bottle can provide power to a computer for almost half an hour.
6. A ton of carbon dioxide goes down from the environment when six tons of recycled container glass is used in the manufacturing process.
7. Mostly for food or drink containers brown glass is used because the amber tint present in the glass reflects ultraviolet light and protects the content against spoilage.
8. Glass is one such material which has the quickest turnaround time. It could be back on the shelves of stores in around 30 days.
9. Glass can be recycled easily because of the fact that it does not decline with use or time.
10. Last but not the least, recycled glass which is also called cullet, requires a very low temperature on heating as compared to glass from raw materials. Hence, consuming 40 percent less energy.
These are some of the interesting facts attached to the recycling of the glass. So, next time when your adorable piece shatters into pieces, keep in mind that it will be melted and again will be available in some form at some other place.
© 2019 All Rights Reserved | urbandazzle.com - India's Largest Online Home and kitchen accessories Store.