On Feb 20, 2016, in Home Decor, by urbandazzle
(measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 4-5 slices of brown or whole wheat bread
- 3 to 4 tbsp grated cheese – mozzarella, cheddar or regular cheese
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp grated or minced ginger
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Salted butter at room temperature for spreading on the bread, as required
- Grate the cheese in a bowl, add the chopped chilies and ginger. Add salt & pepper and mix well.
- Slice the bread into triangular or rectangular slices. If you want, you can slice the edges.
- Place the bread on a rack or tray and bake or grill in a pre heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 5-6 minutes till lightly toasted.
- No need to brown the edges of the bread, just a little crispness on the surfaces is good enough.
- Keep an eye while toasting the bread slices.
- Remove and keep the bread with an oven mitt or spatula on a tray or plate.
- Spread some butter evenly on the slices and then spread the cheese-chili-ginger mixture evenly.
- Again bake or grill in the pre heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 7-10 mins or more till the cheese melts and the bread slices get golden and crisp. You can also brown the cheese more if you want.
- Keep an eye and make sure the bread does not get burnt.
- Serve the cheese chilli toast with tomato sauce.
Few tips for making cheese chilli toast recipe:
1. Add salt carefully as the butter and cheese already contain salt.
2. If making for kids, then skip the green chilies or reduce the amount of chopped chilies.
3. For making the toast, sandwich in a sandwich maker or grill :
- Apply butter on both the slices.
- Spread the cheese-chili-ginger filling on one slice.
- Cover with the other buttered slice and toast the sandwich in a sandwich maker or toaster.
4. For making cheese chilli toast on a tava:
- First toast the bread slices till light golden on a tava. First make the tava or pan hot and then reduce the flame.
- Then keep the bread slices on the tava and toast till lightly golden brown.
- Remove the bread slices in a tray or plate. Spread some butter on top of the slices. Then spread some of the cheese-chili-ginger filling.
- Again place the bread slices on the tava and toast till golden brown. Keep the flame to low. Make sure the bread does not get burnt.
Prepare this mouth-watering dish using elegant Urbandazzle Kitchen Accessories and serve it in stunning UrbanDazzle Serving Platters.
Enjoy chili cheese toast this Sunday and celebrate it like never before.